Haymarket > Division 1
Issue number 22 of Tallis's 'London street views' showing nos. 1-71 Haymarket. Two theatres can be seen in this street view, Her Majesty's Theatre and the Theatre Royal. Her Majesty's Theatre opened in 1705 and was named after Queen Anne. It was destroyed by fire in 1789 and a new theatre, designed by Michael Novosielski, opened in 1791. This second theatre was remodelled in 1816-18 by John Nash and stood until again destroyed by fire in 1867. The Theatre Royal was dates to 1821 and was designed by John Nash.