Wardour Street > Division 2
Issue number 63 of Tallis's 'London street views' showing 38-94 Wardour Street, and 24-31 Princes Street. The churchyard visible in Princes Street is that of St Anne's, Soho, which was built from 1677-1686 and consecrated in 1686. The architect is thought to be William Talman, a pupil of Sir Christopher Wren. The church was destroyed during the Second World War leaving only the tower remaining and a new church was only built in the 1990s. The churchyard is around eight feet above the level of Wardour Street, due to the overcrowded nature of Soho and the large number of burials from 1695-1853.